Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Treadmills Suck!


Today I had to run a bit, but I didn't feel like running early in the morning. BUT I have an event tonight at work, so I brought stuff with me to run after school. BUT it was raining when I wanted to go, so I decided to go to the gym and run on the treadmill.

As usual, my treadmill running was cut painfully short b/c I can't stand running on treadmills. I only ended up running 3 miles today, when I had hoped to run at least 4 (maybe even 5). I am going to have to run more tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon, and then I have to run on Thursday morning b/c my Thursday evening is full with a variety of celebrations. It is P's birthday, the tower house bash, and then Diana's concert all that night!

I shouldn't complain. If training for (and running) a marathon were easy, it wouldn't be seen as a major accomplishment. I'm really enjoying the running I've been doing, and I'm really getting psyched for the marathon (even though it is still 165 days away). I think this is going to be so much fun, and I'm really enjoying it. Plus I'm feeling in better shape than I've ever felt, so I hope that this continues and I can keep finding the hours b/c I'm enjoying the benefits of all this running!

No comments: