Thursday, May 22, 2008

3 Down, 2 to go!

Well, my goal of running five days this week is more than half completed. I was able to get runs in on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday for the first time in a few weeks. Running three days in a row is a new kind of challenge and I found that I lagged a bit today. I ran slowly this morning and didn't really feel like I had much energy or strength in my legs. This could be do to the fact that I ran three days in a row, but I think that the more likely bet is that I had a pretty good run yesterday evening, so this morning I wasn't fully recovered. Thankfully I have Friday off and a long weekend with nothing planned to get some good mileage in.

Also, if I can manage 10 miles this weekend (which shouldn't be hard . . . I've run at least 10 miles for the last two weekends and nine miles the weekend prior to that) I will have hit 20 miles this week. Remember that I need to be running 20 miles per week from now until I start increasing my mileage on July 1st. I'm feeling pretty good lately, though, despite a less than stellar run this morning.

On another note, I've been keeping track of my weight in my food journal for the last three days, and I have been doing much better lately. I'm still eating too much crap, but at least I can manage to shed a couple of pounds at the same time . . . hopefully that'll keep up!

No comments: