Wednesday, May 28, 2008

3 days . . . no run . . . Tom go crazy!

AAAHHHH. It is now Wednesday, and I haven't run since Saturday. I'm freaking out a little bit. I am going to try to run today. I've been pain free since yesterday morning and I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, so if I hurt again today after my run, I'll be able to talk to the doctor about it. I'm a little frustrated by this for a number of reasons, but some of those are:
(a) I'm running a race on Saturday and I was hoping that I'd have a good time b/c I would have started by running class by then . . . BUT . . .
(b) I missed the first day of running class. It worked out ok I think b/c it was basically monsooning yesterday in NYC, and as Sara pointed out (she's always looking out for me!) yesterday was my first pain free day b/c on Monday I tried to run with very painful results
(c) I need to be at my base by June 1st and I really need to make the first week of June a 20 mile week
(d) I'm nervous that the sports medicine doctor I go to see will tell me not to run or that I have hip failure or something like that . . .

In any case, I hope to get a good four miler in today and we'll see what happens. I don't want to overdo it, but I'm really losing patience for this.

No comments: