Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 200!

Today is day 200 of the Year of the Marathon. This means that I have been blogging for 200 days and keeping track of everything that I eat for 200 days! At right you'll notice the countdown clock has 166 days left on it. This is obviously b/c 2008 is a leap year.

The running is going pretty well these days. I ran about 18 miles this week, up from 17 the week before and I'm feeling pretty good about my fitness, my form, and my overall running health. I haven't yet run 5 days in aweek, but I'm hoping that this will be the week for it.

Things at work are really starting to quiet down now and I'm psyched that I've been able to focus so much on running. I'm really looking forward to this summer and being able to log some serious miles!

I'm also very excited about my running class which is going to start a week from tomorrow on Tuesday, May 27th. I'll be running in that class every Tuesday for the next ten weeks and I hope that I really get some solid speed out of it. Perhaps my next 10k will be a bit faster. I think this is an important step in my goal of dropping my 5k time to under 7 min/mile . . . which if you'll remember was one of my original goals. I'm not sure if I'll be able to cut 45 seconds off of my time between now and the marathon, but there's always next year. I'm really making an investment now to ensure that running becomes a serious, long term habit for me and I'm really enjoying it.

So that's it for now. Today's my day off, but Tu, W, and Th should be 4 mile days each (I hope).

No comments: