Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Going Well

Well, as I posted (briefly) last time, I have set a goal of running on the same schedule that I'll need to adopt for a large chunk of this summer. This would be my first week of this schedule and if I run 3 miles each of those days, that makes a 15 mile week, which leaves just five miles to add by June 1st. Well . . . so far, so good. I ran last night before our tennis match for 30 minutes (3+ miles) and then I got up early this morning and did it again. That brings me up to 95 miles for the YOTM so far, which is nice, but also makes me feel more like I'm getting something done.

This morning it was really nice to run early b/c it has started to (finally) get light much earlier. I was up by 5:15, out of the door by 5:35 and home by 6:05 and it was light for most of my run . . . it is also getting warmer and it was really nice to run at 57 degrees this morning.

I'm discovering that finding the time for these runs is not at hard as I thought it would be for two reasons. (a) It only takes 3o minutes to run over three miles . . . finding 30 minutes isn't that hard. (b) If I just make running a priority, I'll make the time for it.

So all in all, I'm feeling pretty good these days and I'm hoping that this will lead to success down the road in November!

No comments: