Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Soccer . . . I really suck


Today was a good day. One of those days at work that is super busy, but very productive! I felt good about it. I also got to exercise a bit today, playing soccer for about an hour at work today. The seniors and juniors of the boys and girls varsity soccer teams challenged the faculty.

Let's just say that I am no David Beckham! I really am quite bad at soccer. I started out at goal and let in 3 or 4 in rapid succession. Then I moved to defense and really stunk it up there too. Towards the end, I was able to get a little more done and move the ball productively, but I was terrible, no TERRIBLE, at the start. It didn't help that my students were all on the sidelines jeering at me and wishing for my failure (or injury!)

In any case, I'm really glad that I got some outside time in. It's really important to get more exercise b/c I always sleep better when I'm exercising and I feel more calm during the day. Though it wasn't the type of running I normally do, I did run quite a bit. I just hope that I'm not super sore tomorrow. I'm not used to lots of short sprints and more than that the rapid changes in direction and lateral movement take their toll on me as well. I'll have to check in again tomorrow to see if I can move (or even type . . . )

I'm still gearing up for my race on Sunday . . . number NINE on the year and my then guaranteed entry into the 2008 NYC Marathon. That will really seal the deal for me in a lot of ways, I'm pumped!

No comments: