Saturday, November 3, 2007

My Year of the Marathon

On Sunday, November 2nd, 2008 I will run in my first marathon, the ING New York City Marathon. I am one qualifying race away from guaranteeing my entry into the race and I have just purchased a new pair of shoes. My year of the marathon has begun!

I have a few goals for this year:
Goal 1 - Get my weight down to 178 lbs.
Goal 2 - Run more (ideally 5 days per week).
Goal 3 - Finish the 2008 NYC Marathon.
Goal 4 - Complete the 2008 Marathon in under 3 hrs and 45 minutes (about an 8.5 min/mile pace).
Goal 5 - Run at least 1 shorter race (5 miles or so) at a sub-7 minute-mile pace.

Who knows . . . maybe I'll have even more goals that come up later, but this is where I stand right now. I'm very excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Pump. Ambitious goals, but I imagine the blog will help you stay on track. I'm looking forward to reading about the your year of the marathon.

Anonymous said...

YO! Very cool - I have no doubt that you will not only meet but surpass every one of your goals. It's too bad you will never be able to play Trivial Pursuit, Apples to Apples, or Cribbage worth squat so you must turn to piddly endeavors like this, but I still support you all the way! Just kidding! Seriously, we are proud of you and eager to see how the year goes.