Saturday, November 10, 2007

Good Weekend Run

Well, I haven't run since my crappy run on Wednesday, so today Saturday was a chance to redeem myself. I ran for 30 minutes and I felt pretty good. I got about 3.5 miles in which is about a 8:30 pace. Again, not ideal, but not terrible. I am finding loops that I'm pretty happy with lately in Riverdale. It's hard to find good 4-5 mile loops in my neighborhood that don't go down a huge hill in the first half of the run, and then require going up a huge hill at the end. Riverdale sits on top of a huge hill and all the good runs basically run around the base of the hill . . . But I think I'm finding some pretty good 4ish mile runs on top of the hill, limiting my climbing.

BUT in 4 months or so I will no longer need to worry about this. Soon I will not be living in Riverdale (I hope . . . ) but instead will be very close to one of the nicest (and flattest) trails in New York. That's right! Sara and I are moving (we hope . . .) Things are still in the works, but we have an accepted offer on an apartment in Washington Heights so we might be joining the land-owning class soon! Technically speaking, we won't own any actual land, but rather shares in a Coop, but it's close enough. What this means for my running, however, is that after about two and a half years of getting bored with Riverdale runs and loops, I will now have all of Manhattan at my fingertips (or tippy toes) to explore on foot. I'm really looking forward to running along the water in Riverside park, running across the GWB, running more in the park. It'll be great!!

Also, just an update. One week from tomorrow is my ninth NYRR race of the year which will mean that I will have officially guaranteed my entry into the 2008 NYC Marathon. It is another short 4 mile race and I am hoping to run it in less than 32 minutes (under a 8 min/mile pace). This should be pretty easy and I've beaten this goal for 7 of my 8 previous races this year. But this is the first race of mine during the YEAR OF THE MARATHON so I want to make sure that I run well!

Finally, people have doubted my ability to keep up my journal of intake and exercise all year. Well I'm a week in now and I have not missed a bite of food or a sip of liquid. To all you doubters out there, just know that I'm devoted to this and I will not give up willy nilly!

No comments: