Saturday, November 17, 2007

Nine Races down! Next stop, Marathonville!!!

Well, I'm in! I've run my nine races and I'm in!! I have guaranteed my entry into the 2008 ING NYC Marathon! As you might be able to tell, I'm pretty pumped. I ran well today and it felt great knowing that this race would secure my spot in the Marathon a little less than year from now!

I ran pretty well today, but my legs were a little sore. Like yesterday, my breathing was totally fine and my lungs felt great the whole race, but my legs were the limiting factor. Nevertheless, I ran a good 7:59 pace which was within the bounds of my goal (breaking 8) for a total time of 31:56. Not too shabby. Not fantastic, but I'm happy with it. I also found that I ran a more consistent race than I normally do. Often I'll run the first mile in 7:30, the second in 7:45, the third in 8:23, and the fourth in 7:45. In other words, I'm all over the place. But this time, I kept my pace more consistent. I think it was 1 - 8:00, 2 - 7:57, 3 - 8:10, 4 - 7:49. Or something like that. In any case, I was pleased with it.

I think that I'll take off until I get to Indy for Thanksgiving, but I should get some decent mileage in over vacation.

I'm in!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on meeting this milestone! Have a good trip to Indy and a very Happy Thanksgiving. We are looking forward to seeing you and Sara soon.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's fun to be able to watch you train while not having to leave my warm room.

Anonymous said...

Next stop- the Drumstick Dash in beautiful downtown Broad Ripple. Make me proud!