Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Running Class is over

Today was my last running class. I haven't signed up for the next session and I have some mixed feelings about it. I love the push that the class gives and the speed work that it provides, but it is also a huge pain in the ass to get home so late on Tuesday nights (or Thursday nights) and not see Sara. I'm torn. I don't think I'll do it again before the marathon, but I do want to make sure to get some races/speed work in before the big day . . . otherwise I'll stagnate.

Today we did 6 times 1/4 mile hill repeats. After last week's totally crappy class I ran with the 7:30-8 min/mile group even though I could have run with the 7-7:30 group. I should have run with the faster group b/c I felt that I was too fast for the group I ran with. I was in the front of the group each time . . . oh well.

This week is pretty easy. No races and all four milers . . . oh wait . . . except for the 13 miles that I'm running on Saturday. Last week was relatively easy and this week will be a stretch for me over the weekend, but not too bad otherwise. I'm actually looking forward to the run on Saturday. I've joined with the NYRR for the long run which means that I'll get water at throughout the race, as well as GU and other support. Plus, it's just nicer to run long with groups. My long runs are just getting longer and longer . . . I suppose that's the point. Every other week I keep upping my long runs until I hit 22 miles! Then I begin to taper in preparation for the marathon! I'm getting psyched!

No comments: