Monday, July 28, 2008

Chicago!


We just returned from having spent the weekend in Chicago with our friend Evan. Evan's maternal grandparents were celebrating the 85th and 80th birthdays as well as their 60th wedding anniversary. We had an absolute blast! I had never been to Chicago before and this was a really incredible opportunity.

For starters our accommodations were top-notch. We got to stay in the John Hancock Building, Chicago's second tallest building after the Sears Tower. In the photos at left you can see the the building itself (the tallest in second photo) and the view from the apartment that we stayed in on the 84th floor (top photo)!!! The apartment belongs to a friend of the family's who let us stay there for the weekend, and it was truly incredible. We had amazing views east out over Lake Michigan and north to the north side of Chicago. We could even see Wrigley field from our perch up in the sky!

Sara and I took walks up and down Michigan Ave, saw Millennium Park, took a sailboat trip in the lake (with great views of the skyline), and overall had a really amazing time.

I got two nice short 4 milers in this weekend. I was able to run along Lake Michigan both times. There is a fabulous path along the lake that is paved and clearly very well used! It was beautiful. On Sunday Sara and I even took a little dip in the lake after our run, enjoying the beach pictured above.

It was a great trip and I got some great Chicago running in. I think I might want to run the Chicago marathon some time in the future . . . that'd be great!

No comments: