Saturday, August 30, 2008

18 Miles!


I ran 18 miles today. I felt good, and ended up running an 8:49 pace . . . right on target with what I needed. In fact, I felt so good that I could've run all the way to Alaska!

Speaking of Alaska, John McCain picked Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate. Who the hell is Sarah Palin? This is such a transparent maneuver to court Hilary supporters and to appear to be progressive. McCain is dumb.

Sarah Palin is less experienced than Barack Obama so his choice of her as running mate completely undermines his ability to atack Obama on experience. In addition, despite this being an attempt to appear progressive, Palin is likely more conservative than McCain. Also, this is an insult to women everywhere. Essentially McCain is saying to female voters (especially Hilary supporters) that they can't possibly be smart enough to see through this pathetic attempt at politics. Does he honestly believe that Hilary supporters will jump right on over to him despite the fact that Palin & McCain are essentially the antithesis of Hilary?

The other thing that bothers me is that the Republicans are touting this as a historic event. Do we not remember that the Democrats had a woman as the VP nominee in 1984 . . . 24 years ago!?!?! McCain's Pick is neither historic, nor brave. Nor is it bold, interesting, edgy, or wise. It is calculating, manipulative, and idiotic.

Has everyone seen this movie, by the way?



I think that this will come back to bite him in the ass! I hope so anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rest assured that your mother doesn't find your blog boring because it is all about you!

Palen is a joke which makes perfect sense for McCain. You need to give Biden a chance. He is old school but he has admitted being wrong about the war and about Obama. He is able to admit when he is wrong and I think he is learning from Obama.

No more cookies before dinner. I am coming out to see you run. Stay healthy.