Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mission Accomplished (Sort of)

Well . . . if you'll remember that at the beginning of this adventure (almost a year ago now) I had a number of goals that I set for myself. One of those goals was to run a shorter race at a sub 7 min/mile pace. Today I ran 4 miles (by myself, no race) at a 7 minute pace exactly. 28 minutes! It was hard, but I felt great!

Though it wasn't an official race, it felt good to run a common race distance at that pace. I know that I could do it again in a race at this point, no problem. Unfortunately, I won't be able to run a race at this pace before the marathon (or within the official "YOTM"), but it's an accomplishment nonetheless. I regard it as more of a "Mission Accomplished" that our dumb president's claim that we accomplished our mission in Iraq.

Sunday will be the three week mark for the marathon. I'm getting VERY excited and nervous about the upcoming race! On Saturday I'm running another 20 miler and then after that I'm tapering big time for the race. This weekend is also the Chicago Marathon. I have many friends running in that so good luck to all of them! Yay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very clever.