Sunday, October 12, 2008

700 Miles . . . 3 weeks to go!

Wow! Here we are. Today is the Chicago Marathon and I want to congratulate my friends who are running in that!! I hope to run Chicago one of these days . . . it's supposed to be a nice race.

In any case, we are also inching ever closer to the big day for NYC as well. Three weeks from today is the big marathon and I'm getting pumped. Yesterday I ran my last 20 miler and in the course of that run hit the 700 mile mark for the year! I can't believe that I've run 700 miles this year . . . that simply baffles me.

My run yesterday was nice. Sara rode with me in the park and that helped immensely (as always) and it was a gorgeous (if perhaps a bit too warm) day. My next long run is 15 and I'm dropping mileage each week like a bad habit . . . but I'm working hard and I'll be stretching in my extra time and I'm counting down the days to the marathon!

Can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!!!!