Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Almost There!

At this point, I am less than 5 weeks away from the marathon. A couple of days ago, the official ING NYC Marathon handbook arrived in the mail. This book has all sorts of info on the start, the expo in the days leading up to the race, etc. I'm getting so pumped up . . . I can't wait.

My entire family will be in NYC to watch me run, and I know that I'll have friends throughout the course.

I've been working hard to keep the mileage up and have been running some shorter runs fast and keeping up with the longer runs. I've even been dropping times on the longer runs, doing some of my 12 milers at an 8:20 pace or so!

Lately I've been feeling good, slimming down, and enjoying running a ton. I've got a new pair of shoes in the back of the closet ready to spring into action soon, I've got my tub'o'gatorade that I've been drinking in anticipation of the race, and I'm pretty much all set with BodyGlide for a while. I'm really getting psyched!

No comments: