Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oy! 600 Miles?!?!?!

First of all. I'm sorry. I haven't posted in about a million years . . . but between managing my running schedule and getting back into the first few weeks of school, I've been swamped. The start of school always seems to involve a lot of evening events and stuff and I'm just been super busy.

BUT the running's been going really well. As of my last post I hadn't yet even run 20 miles, but I did my 20 mile training run in Central Park two weeks ago now and it went really well. I ended up running at about an 8:45 pace . . . which was great.

But here I am, having not posted in ages, and I have slipped past the 600 mile mark! I'm almost up to 300 miles on my "new" shoes and I've already got another pair waiting in the wings for me.

Yesterday I went out on my longest run yet, 21 miles. My 20 miler two weeks earlier was made easier by the fact that I did an organized training run in the park with water, etc. This time I was a little nervous b/c I was on my own . . . but Sara came to the rescue, agreeing to ride her new bike along side me for 3 hours while I ran. We did get separated once (my fault) but I have to say, having Sara along with me made all the difference in the world. She held my water, Gu, and Gatorade and all I had to do was run, it was great. I had originally hoped to try to run 22 miles, which is two miles further than my schedule called for, but it just wasn't in the cards. I was hurting by the end there . . . so I stopped a bit past the 21 mile mark. Oh well. I'm confident that I'll manage to handle the marathon nevertheless.

In other news, it is looking like ALOT of my family and friends are going to come out to watch the Marathon in November which is really exciting! I am really gearing up for this and my mileage is peaking now. I have one more 40 mile week before I begin to taper and then the countdown really begins!! Yay.

No comments: