Monday, June 2, 2008

Japan Day

Yesterday I ran a race called Japan Day. It was really nice b/c it was a very small race with very few participants (~2500 people) which meant that I was able to start close to the front and get into my pace fairly quickly. I ended up running a pretty decent race (30:48) and coming about 8 or 9 seconds shy of my personal best. I ran the first mile very quickly at 7:33, but then I slowed significantly running mile 2 at 7:47, and 3 at 7:56, but then finished well on mile four at 7:31. Overall I had an average pace/mile of 7:42.

The four mile race took me to about 10 miles for the week (I only ran half of the week) and I didn't have any hip pain at all. This could be a result of the fact that I took some time off earlier this week, but is most likely due to the prescription anti-inflammatory that I've been taking. In either case, I'm glad to be running again and hopefully my next race will be a little faster still.

No comments: