Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Today was the Father's Day, Fight against Prostate Cancer, 5 mile race. I felt like I ran pretty well, though I think I could be doing better. I'm started to get a little frustrated with myself and how I can't seem to get my pace to drop much at all. It is silly to think that after just two speed classes, I'd be significantly faster, but I was hoping for a lot today nevertheless.

A bit of the way into the first mile, I began thinking to myself . . . 'Hey, you're running pretty well here . . . Maybe you could do this race in 7:30s' Needless to say, I did not run the race in 7:30s . . . BUT I did set a PR for the 5 mile distance of 38:32 (or 7:42s). I felt pretty good about my time after all.

I also ran MUCH more consistently this time than I ever have in the past. I ran the first and last miles at about 7:35 and the middle three a little slower, but all at the same pace. I was feeling good.

Today's race takes me to 4 for the year . . . leaving only 5 to do to get my nine in this year! Yay.

No comments: