Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Running Class

Yesterday I took my first running class and it was great!! The picture to the left is of the northern hills in central park. The top half of the loop is a hilly 1.2 mile section that we ran at about our race pace. The bottom stretch is a flat portion that we used as a recovery portion. It was hard, but I really enjoyed the run.

I ended up running a little over 7 miles (good for a Tuesday), and it was on average, a good pace. We did the hills three times and on each pass, my pace dropped. I ran too quickly to start . . . but I really enjoyed it.

I'm really looking forward to continuing with the class b/c I think it will have a measurable affect on my times in the shorter races. I'm not running another race until June 15th so I have one more running class before that, and I'm hoping to get closer t0 7:35 min/mile, or at least a personal best . . .

No comments: