Monday, April 7, 2008

Back to School


Well, last week was the first week back to school after spring break. I had a good enough week, not too stressful, but being back in school makes it much harder to find time to run. I was able to get a short run in with the tennis team on Tuesday afternoon, but then I didn't run again until Sunday.

Saturday, I was in the city all day, first doing interviews for TEAK, but later I spent the afternoon picking up our new butcher block cart.

I'm a little frustrated about how little I ran this past week. The last three weeks, I've only run twice each week, but I was hoping to get at least three in this past week. I have only two more months before I have to be at my 20 mile/week base in order to by ready to start training. I have been running about 7 miles/week the last two weeks and I need to really step it up. Hopefully, I'll be able to do that soon.

Coaching tennis means that I have a lot less time after school, but once tennis season is over, I'll be able to increase my mileage fairly easily. The other problem is that I'm a little reluctant to run over on the path by the river by myself early in the morning. I've never done it, so I could be being ridiculous and it could be very nice and full of runners every morning, but it could also be dark, creepy and empty, which would make me a little uncomfortable. In any case, I'm going to give it a try this week to see how it is . . . who knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the butcher block and it will look great in to kitchen. Did you get the TV stand?