Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday

Hi everyone! Happy Easter. I started off today with another nice run. I ran about 3.2 miles and did it 26:30. Which is under 8:30/mile which is pretty good. I'm happy with that. That puts my total mileage for this week at 6.2 (or 10k). On the calendar at the bottom of the blog, my weeks from from Monday to Sunday, which means that for the purposes of tracking my mileage, each week ends Sunday. So since this is my first week back, I wanted to squeeze in another run today.

I'll most likely take tomorrow (Monday) off running b/c I'm having breakfast with Asher in the city (Asher got an awesome new job at MTV.com and tomorrow is his first day, so I told him I'd have breakfast with him at our favorite diner, the Westway. When Asher and I used to live together in Hell's Kitchen, we'd go to the Westway when we were hungover on Sunday mornings . . . it was awesome) and then I'm meet Sara for lunch in the city and then we're going to see Peter Grimes at the Metropolitan Opera. Sara's been dying to this this production of one of Britten's darker operas . . . Sara loves Britten. So that will be fun.

Anyway, back to running. This week, I'm on Spring Break which means that I'll get to do some good perhaps longish runs along the river in our new neighborhood. I haven't been running in the new hood yet, but I'm looking forward to long runs on the path by the Hudson . . . it'll be great. The only problem is that the path is completely flat for most of Manhattan . . . that will make the runs a bit easier, but it means that I can't only run down there b/c I'll also need to vary my training a bit with more hills. I might have to run in Riverdale a bit too.

I love Spring Break.

No comments: